Friday, June 26, 2009

Goodbye Hawaii and Aloha Atlanta!

Scott, Jake, Kili, Hobbes, and I took a red-eye flight on Tuesday night to arrive here in Atlanta, our new home, early Wednesday morning. We were able to pick up the Xterra right away so that was nice. I checked into my new unit and we visited a house we are thinking of renting. Wednesday was actually pretty productive! We are staying in a very nice little Inn/B&B just outside of Emory. It is small, but they have breakfast every morning, snacks and drinks every evening, and allow the kitties to join us! It's a good deal. Thursday and Friday, we've spent running various errands, getting paperwork done for work, and just resting. Jake has been sick today, which hasn't been easy, but he's ok and we're ok, too. Things are looking good for the house we looked at on Wednesday. For those of you who know Atlanta, it is located in Virginia Highlands, steps away from Piedmont Park and lots of cute shops/restaraunts. I will be sending out address change information as soon as everything is official.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah, I can't wait to see the new place. I'm so glad that you guys are safe and "getting settled" in. Give the guys hugs from me (all of them, cats too).

mom said...

Great update Mand! How are the kitties, did they hate the flight, are they really settled that quick! Did Jakie sleep during the flight? How was Scott's first day at work? talk to ya later!!! love you all! mom