Scott and I, thanks to my mom, dad, and Heather, were able to take a vacation to Hawaii sans Jake. We missed him, obviously, but enjoyed some alone time together and time catching up with friends and neighbors. We met them at Adam's house just north of Nashville so we got to see his nice house. Then Scott and I flew to Maui from there. We spent 2 days in beautiful, secluded Hana, where we hiked Oheo Gulch (the Seven Sacred Pools), ate good food, relaxed in their spa, and just relaxed. We then flew to Oahu and stayed in our previous neighbor, Anne, sister's cottage about 200 yards from our old house in Kailua. It was also very relaxing. We caught up with our neighbors. Caren and Brad say hello to Kate and James, especially. We also visited with friends from Tripler and from church. Thanks to Addie for taking some time off work to hang out with us. We ate at Haleiwa Joe's and Zia's. The food is just as good as it ever was! Meanwhile, Jake spent the week in Indianapolis. He loved it! He returned to us well fed, well behaved, and speaking like 10 times better than when he left. Guess that's what happens when Grammie, Tom-Tom, and Auntie Heather have him as a captive audience. Here are a few pictures from our trip. I need to get some pictures from Tom-Tom of their time with Jake.
1 comment:
We taught him things like, "I'm ambidexterous" and "food fight" and "I concur." So much fun--for both us and you.
Post a Comment