As this blog is intended to chronicle our kids' lives. I feel the need to blog them a warning. I am crabby. I have been told this by my mother growing up and now by Scott. Example from today. The boys awoke earlier than usual, which for them means 0745 instead of 0900. Scott and I are spoiled, yes, but by them getting up early it meant that I didn't go for a run or anything and I had had multiple wakenings through the night from Jake, Sam and the cats. At this time of our life, most crabbiness gets taken out on household individuals in this order: cats, Scott, Jake, and Sam. So Scott felt the brunt of my aggravation this morning. I do recognize when I am crabby; so when I knew that the morning was only going downhill because of my mood, I loaded up Jake and Sam into the P&T's stroller and we took to the neighborhood. We live in a beautiful neighborhood and this morning was extra beautiful with quiet, lots of fall colors, and cool but not cold weather (mood elevating). We walked about a mile and then landed at the park where Jake played with a boy his age, Sam chilled quietly, and I was able to drink my coffee and socialize with some nice neighbors (more mood elevation). When we had returned Scott had a delicious breakfast prepared for us (mood back to euthymic level). As an aside, Scott impresses me with his cooking abililty. This morning he made an omlet of turkey, cheese, asparagus, and red onion. Great mix of flavors as Jake would say!
Jake and Sam, here are recommendations for how to predict my level of crabbiness or how to "keep mommy happy" as Jake says right now: sleep at least 7 hours, exercise once a day, hang outside for at least 15 minutes, socialize with adults, drink coffee, and reduce hunger level. I think that about covers it, right Scott? Interestingly, my work is not consistently the cause of my crabbiness. It contributes, but all of the above, if applied on a bad day of work, can still equal out in the end to happy mommy. Sorry, boys, I wish I wasn't so crabby. I'll work on it, I promise.
3 comments:
Mandy I love you! Can't wait 'til I can meet you when you are on a "mood-elevating, fight the crabbiness walk"! The only thing I don't like about this blog site is that it doesn't tell you when someone posts so I sometimes forget to look and would have missed this funny post! Talk to you soon.
Hang in there, Mandy! And I do relate, and I don't have half the stuff to make me crabby as you! Maybe we should do a mommy retreat some weekend, leave the boys with dads, and spend the whole weekend in adult conversation, drinking coffee, and hanging out outside. Let me know when you're available!
I miss crabby Mandy! And regular Mandy. But - 9:00 AM are you kidding me?? 7:45 AM is early? That is really amazing! Also I am super impressed that you have the energy for a daily run. Super mom!
Post a Comment