Monday, January 10, 2011

Babies don't like the cold

We are home from work today. We got 6 inches of snow here in Virginia Highlands and according to our neighbor, this constitutes "Snowmageddon" in Atlanta. It is nice to have some more time at home together. We did venture outside with the boys this morning. Jake had new snow pants and we layered him so I knew he'd be ok in the cold. I also layered clothes under the Milo hand me down "bear suit" from the Gap. I figured that if it worked in Minnesota, it would be fine here in Atlanta. We made it to Piedmont Park, though, and Sam had had enough. I guess frozen snot on cold cheeks would make anyone unhappy. He and I walked home and he cried the whole way. It took about 10 minutes for him to calm down but then he took quite a warm winter's nap. We've been enjoying a quiet day and are waiting to see what happens tomorrow. More freezing rain is in the forecast this evening.
Jake sledding in Piedmont Park.

Sam and Mommy before freezing!

Jake ready to go!










No comments: