Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Mandy- Now go to Timeout


When you get older birthdays start to have different meanings.  When I told Jake that it was Mandy's birthday he was very excited.  I thnk that he thought maybe he would get presents just like as if it was his.  I made (bought) this cake for Mandy today as a surprise but Jake sabotaged my plans by quickly telling her that we were going to eat cake after dinner.  I guess I underestimated how exciting birthday cake is to a 3 year-old.  Mandy also had a rough day at work combined with a headache and Sam's teething did not make for a smooth transition to home.  Even though I had dinner pretty much done when she got home she was in a pretty tough mood made worse with Jake demanding her immediate attention.  I think the sight of the big 36 also didn't help.  Jake eventually got upset and told mandy that she was in a "bad mood".  Usually timeout is reserved for toddlers in our house but this time Mandy got up and put herself in the timeout chair.  My only regret is that I didn't get a picture.  After a few minutes Jake went and got her out so we could eat dinner.
I guess I learned that timeouts work for adults too.

We are reminded of how fast the years can fly by on our birthdays.  I can't believe that I met her when I was barely 23 years old.  Even more unbelievable is that our 10 year anniversary is almost here.

3 comments:

mom said...

Happy Birthday Mandy, great blog, Scott. I read it out loud to Dad and Heather, and we were cracking up! Seems like our decision to hold off and call tomorrow, was a good one! Hope our gifts got there, if not they are on their way! happy, happy Birthday!! Love you so much! Mom, Dad and Heath!
P.S. I would love a piece of that cake!

Corbett said...

Happy Birthday Mandy! 36 years of fun! And I want to put myself in time out too. Time out for moms should be a reward not a punishment (: and happy 10 year anniversary in advance guys!

Laura said...

oops that was actually laura not corbett.