Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bowling and sleeping

Last night, Sam slept for 8 hours straight! I am so thankful as I am going back to work in 5 days and getting regular sleep will really help. We have been Babywise adherents with both boys and both have been sleeping for 7-8 hours by 8-9 weeks. I know they were probably predisposed to sleep, but I feel confident that Babywise helped me get them there. I just hope it continues...sleep is so wonderful!

Jake has been progressing well through potty training. Today he was discussing bowling with Elizabeth, our Nanny, and decided he really wanted to try bowling. Scott made a deal with him. Poop in potty for bowling. Sure enough, he went, so we went bowling! We tried out a bowling alley that is in a somewhat sketchy area, surrounded by interesting clubs and "spas", but it was a great bowling alley! We'll definitely go back! Here is a video of Jake in action:



2 comments:

Meg Schroeder said...

That kid is a tank! How heavy is that bowling ball?!?!? So great for sleep and potty training!! Thanks for giving me a great parenting example, and I second that to the babywise. We didn't follow it as closely as you guys have, but it really does make a lot of sense.

Heather said...

I'll take Jake to sketchy areas for bowling any day. He is so great!