Well the trip is over. After a 16 hour marathon drive fueled by red bull and coffee we made it back today. We spent the last two weeks in San Antonio for the CCC (non-important army acronym). We had to bring the entire family with us or else do the course some other time in the future which could mean 3 months of separation instead of two weeks. Thanks to Heather and Grammie Kris the kids both had fun down there while Mandy and I were in class. It was strange putting on my uniform again for the first time in 18 months to remind me that I am in the Army still. Even better was the PT test at 0420 in the frigid temperatures....
It was great reuniting with so many of our old friends from medical school and residency as well as making some new connections. After all the stress and preparation for the trip I am glad I got to do it and no longer need to worry about it.
 |
| Jake and his new favorite helicopter the "Huey" |
 |
| This was from a fe weeks ago but I just found it again and its too cute not to put it in. |
No comments:
Post a Comment