Wednesday, December 22, 2010

New bowling shoes



If you follow the blog you know that Jake likes to bowl and it was one of the final carrots we could dangle in fromt of him to get him potty trained.  The place near our house is pretty good but half of the fees are actually shoe rentals.  After a while I decided to buy some shoes to cut down on the continuing costs.  His shoes arrived two days ago and last night we took him bowling again.  He also likes to copy any older kid and a few weeks ago he starting trying to roll the ball like older kids (and adults) do.  This actually has significantly increased his score as you can see from the pictures at the 9th and 10th frames.  You can see that not only did jake get two strikes and two spares in the first 5 frames but we were tied going into the 9th frame.  I am an increadibly erratic bowler and will bowl anywhere from 100's to 190.  Unfortunately jake was getting so enthusiastic around the 6th frame he was almost throwing the ball into the the adjacent lane.  I had to stop him and this made him start rolling the differently without much force.  (good thing or he probably would have won).  People started coming by and giving me a hard time about losing to Jake before the 9th frame.  Fortunately for me I survived with my ego intact and won out by 1 point.



No comments: