I have been off of work the past week and have been able to get a lot of things done around the house. Most everyone knows that we have more than enough projects to keep us busy all summer. Show up and you are likely to get assigned a small project.
Gretchen, Colin and their two daughters were visiting this weekend before going on their cruise. After they left this morning I decided to tackle one project that has been bugging me ever since we arrived. There is a nice play gym that came with the house however it doesn't appear that anything has been done to maintain it for many years. The paint is faded and mold moss and mildew was growing everywhere. The same goes for the picnic table right next to it. About 5 hours later I had both pressure washed, the table sanded and painted however I ran out of paint for the play gym and I didn't want to go back to Ace hardware for the 3rd time today. Mandy was encouraging though and she and Jake convinced me to try and finish it tonight. They both were a big help and we got done just before dark. I still have to bolt some of the handles back on and find some rope for the climbing wall but so far I think we all made a huge improvement and just may squeeze a few more years out of it.
 |
| This is a picture from the springtime. I wish I had taken one before I started today. |
 |
| The final appearance after powerwashing and painting |
 |
| Looks much better after washing, sanding and staining. |
 |
| Gretchen, Colin, Hope, Phoebe and Jake at the Beach |
1 comment:
good job Scott and helpers! You forgot to mention the huge hornets nest! kris
Post a Comment