 |
| Jake Mandy and I got this in about 30 minutes |
One of the thngs about growing up in the northwest was that berries are part of the summer harvest. I grew up a short bike ride from several strawberry farms and we always had our own supply of berries in the summer that my mom would use to make jam and pies that we had year round. I actually laughed the first time I saw a pint of blackerries on sale on the east coast for about 5 dollars years ago. As James said they are pretty much a weed here in the Northwest and I spent a significant amount of time destroying them in our yard growing up. Since we have enough room I decided a few of the blackberry bushes can live as long as they don't get too close to anything else I am growing. Additionally the road is lined with bushes that just started producing. We have been picking them the past several days and what you see above is just the tip of the iceberg.
Part of the eventual plan is to grow our own strawberries and raspberries. Along the perimeter of the property we found several bushes that look like they were planted but were so overgrown it was hard to be sure. They were producing what looks like some kind of black raspberry. I have never seen them before but they are pretty good. Matt and I cleared around them and found some old irrigation tubing so I am pretty sure they are not wild. I found some posts while clearing some areas and we strung them up so they will hopefully start doing better next year.
 |
| Anyone know what kind of berry this is? |
 |
| Berry vines after the posts and wire are installed. |
In other news we finally have all the planned renovations in the basement here is a picture of the kichenette with all the appliances and sink installed.
No comments:
Post a Comment