Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Day

We woke up this morning to around 8-10 inches of fresh powder covering everything.  I don't remember anything like this growing up in Portland so we had to take advantage.  Fortunately I am not on call and did not need to make the trip into the hospital.  Sam enjoyed walking around in his dinosaur snow suit but did not appreciate the sledding aspect however Jake and I walked up the end of our road and found a perfect place for sledding.  We took multiple spills, hit a tree, gargbage can and even a big yellow labrador retreiver but Jake and I had a blast and will hopefully go out once more before dark.  Too bad the camera ran out of batteries before I could get a good video.




The Lodge

Jake was pretty brave and we must have made 10-15 runs down the hill.

Looking down suicide hill....

1 comment:

Meg Schroeder said...

Is that a boogie board? Guess when you don't get snow, you ex-Hawaiians gotta make what you have work, huh? Looks like fun, not gonna lie, maybe a little jealous :) We went for a walk, it was a little chilly, maybe down in the 40's ;)