Well, we've made it through 1 month of having 3 kids. It feels like it has gone by so fast. I go back to work in less than 2 weeks, which feels really fast. Allie is doing great, probably around 10 lbs now and still has a full head of dark hair. She has been great, feeding well, sleeping pretty well, and generally being very amenable to the various places I bring her in the Baby Bjorn. Today was Chuck E Cheese as well as a shared back pack ride with Sam. I'll post a picture of that one. The two kids balanced (one on my back and one on the front) so that it actually made it easier to carry both of them. This is a trick I learned in Afghanistan when I was carrying multiple packs. Sam has been improving from his initial shock at being the middle child. I think this has more to do with the fact that he has learned to communicate in the last month. He nods yes and no, he says a ton of words now including kitty, meow, mommy, daddy, jake, allie. He points at everyone when you say their name, and at parts of his body like nose, mouth, and ears. Over the last 2 weeks, he had some good one on one time thanks to Grammy Kris and Tom Tom being in town. We had quite the snow adventure, which I also must blog about at some point. Jake is continuing on, doing well in preschool, speaking in full sentences, writing his name. He is helpful when directed, but is less inclined to spontaneously help. This is Sam's department. I hope that trait continues! We're continuing to be grateful for all three kids, though I look forward to a full night's rest sometime in the future. I'm a little stressed about getting everything done in the next months and years. I am thankful for all the help of our family and Emily, our nanny, but when I am away from the kids doing work, I am constantly thinking about them and feeling guilty about not being with them. When I am with the kids, I think about work and feel guilty about what I am not accomplishing. It's quite the dilemma. I'm not sure I'll be able to figure out the answer, but I appreciate everyone's help in the process.
2 comments:
You are amazing and your family is beautiful. Thanks for the update.
SOOO BEAUTIFUL! I miss all of you I wish I could meet her :) I hope all is going well Im sure time is flying in the Cuda household
p.s. you need to change your introduction now that you have a little girl :)
Post a Comment