Monday, January 12, 2009

Auntie Kate and Uncle James signing off

We've been wading through boxes in our new house so I haven't gotten a chance to post our official adieu. It's been an amazing, challenging six months living with Scott and Jake in Hawaii and I'm so grateful we got the chance to get to know both of them better. We will always feel like Jakie is one of our kids and we'll miss seeing him everyday. And I think I might even miss Scott's teasing a little too.
I'll always be glad our lives aligned in this way, the unique combination of needs and abilities that brought our households together for this time. Mandy, you'll be home soon and all of the events and time represented by this blog will become distant memories. But even though you've been far away, we would never have had this chance otherwise and I think they've been good memories for us Rohls and even for Jake and Scott too. Not ideal without you there, but good.

So, thanks and good luck and we love you guys and goodbye for now.

1 comment:

mandy said...

Thank you for all you gave and provided for Scott, Jake, and I. I wish I had been there to share in all the fun, but then it might never have happened in the first place...