Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Who's on my side?






Well this is the first post since both Kate and James left. I had a chance to really get to know both Kate and james over the past 6 months. Sure, I knew Kate well enough but I still had the image of her as the youngest Mcgrail girl and not the mother of 2 (3 if you count Jake). It was a good experience for us all and I am grateful for them both for uprooting their lives to come live with me in Hawaii for 6 months. I also got to meet Finn and Henry. Finn was a little unsure of me at first and really never trusted me until one morning when I got him out of bed and made him a bowl of cheerios. After that I was the friendly and not so scary "Uncle Cot." Still I'm not so sure I won him over to my ways completely. Henry is a different story though, he seemed to like me from the start. Both Kate and James share slightly left leaning political views and I was outnumbered it seemed. One day I even drove to work with an Obama magnet on the back of my car (this really raised a few eybrows at work) I had some serious explaining to do. Well, Henry was sympathetic to my plight and was easily won over to my side. Kate doesnt know this but his first words are going to be "Ronald Reagan." We worked on this everyday. The second picture is Henry the day I told him Obama won the election. You can see the look of terror in his face. Of course Jake was also on my side and hapily posed for another picture with Henry before Henry had to leave for Portland. With both Jake and Henry on my side at least it was 3 on 3, sure Henry couldn't speak his mind yet but just wait I have planted the seed of dissent in him muahhaaha.....


Seriously though, I am grateful for the family that has come to help me. There is no way I could do this on my own. Thank you Kate and James for taking care of Jake. I wish I didnt have to work so much and we could have had more down time to do fun things.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Scott, you are so funny. Miss you guys. See you soon.

mandy said...

Scott, that is your funniest blog yet! You are becoming a writer, I think...

Deb said...

A man after my own heart! LOL!! Especially with the maniacal laughter thing. Muahhaahaaa...Scott, you DO soooo fit into the McGrail Family. But don't be scared, you get used to us after a while.

Jenn said...

Scott, you're going to have to explain how you got little Mr Henry in the anti-liberals jumper??? Or is the photo enhanced with the red anti sign on top? ;-)

Kate said...

Henry an anti-liberal? Ha! Little do you know that I have been subtly indoctrinating Jake with tie-dyed t-shirts, homemade baby food and regular updates on the Obama campaign. muahah ahah! We'll see who has liberal leanings yet!

Miss you guys anyways

mom said...

best blog ever!!!! mom/kris