Sunday, February 15, 2009

All Pau

Before we had Jake I used to wonder what babies did to let you know they are full. Jake sometimes defies his size and eats what I think a 300 pound Samoan should and I used to worry we were force feeding him. Eventually I learned to notice what he did when he was truly finished eating, sometimes funny but always messy. The cats have learned to steer clear of him except when he is eating becuase if we are too slow to notice when he is done the food will start flying. Sometimes he actually tries to feed the cats or me if I will let him. In any case we say "Pau" for done here in Hawaii and I think he knows what that means now as well. This morning he had peanut butter toast, much of it was spread over his face.

3 comments:

mandy said...

It's awesome, he's doing the sign language and saying words in english and hawaiian! You guys are great teachers!

Portland Dad said...

Well done Grammi, he has learned a lot since we left. We must have been holding him back, with Grammi there he's gonna be the new Doogie Howser

Heather said...

When I get there, I may try to teach him some Korean. Can you "igot chuseyo?"